General Installation Notes
- You will need to install java before starting any Minecraft servers.
- Run these commands first to update your packages.
sudo apt update sudo apt upgrade
- You may need to install git using the following command:
sudo apt install git
- One line installer
git clone https://gitlab.com/crafty-controller/crafty-installer-4.0.git && cd crafty-installer-4.0 && sudo ./install_crafty.sh
Once installation is complete run the following. Note that if you used a directory other then the default to install Crafty you will need to
cdinto that directory.
sudo su crafty cd /var/opt/minecraft/crafty ./run_crafty.sh
Manual installation steps (for Ubuntu/Debian, CentOS)
Requirements & Assumptions
- You have sudo and can install software
- This guide assumes you have a decent understanding of a Linux environment and are comfortable with the command line.
This guide also assumes you will be installing Crafty into
We also assume your server will be at
- We also assume the user account running crafty will have full read/write/execute permissions on these folders.
- This guide will instruct you how to setup a service account for Crafty as well.
- Finally this guide assumes you have the following software installed and up to date: Git, Python 3.8+, Python 3.8-dev+, python3-pip.
Install Required Software
On Ubuntu/Debian variants, you can install required software via the command line by typing:
sudo apt install git python3 python3-dev python3-pip software-properties-common openjdk-8-jdk openjdk-8-jre
On CentOS variants:
sudo dnf groupinstall "Development tools" sudo dnf install python3 python3-devel java-1.8.0-openjdk java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel
Create a directory for Crafty
Let's make crafty a place to live on your server. This guide will use
/var/opt/minecraft/crafty as it's example.
sudo mkdir -p /var/opt/minecraft/crafty sudo mkdir -p /var/opt/minecraft/server
Create a Crafty User Account
sudo useradd crafty -s /bin/bash
Change to the Crafty dir
Clone Crafty Repo
Please be sure to be in the
crafty folder before cloning the repo.
sudo git clone https://gitlab.com/crafty-controller/crafty-4.git
Create a Virtual Environment
sudo python3 -m venv venv
Setup permissions for the folders
sudo chown crafty:crafty -R /var/opt/minecraft
SWITCH TO USER CRAFTY
sudo su crafty -
Activate the Virtual Environment
Go into the crafty-4 folder that was cloned down
Install all the things / requirements
pip3 install --no-cache-dir -r requirements.txt
Make sure you're still in crafty-web.
That's it! Crafty should now be running and asking some install questions. If you get stuck or Need help? Click here!
Update After Install Script
cd /var/opt/minecraft/crafty sudo su crafty ./update_crafty.sh
Update After Manual Install
cd /var/opt/minecraft/crafty/crafty-4 git pull
Check out the Getting Started page.